All metering companies charge a monthly subscription fee for online services, some as high as R500. However, on top of that, you have to pay a substantial amount for the meter hardware and installation as well. This expense could run into the twenty thousands, and depending on options, even into the thirties.
In contrast, we have a monthly fee of R1,170 for a full LiveView subscription, which includes the cost of the meter, all ancillaries and installation — no need to spend any capital. You receive a fully operational system that provides you with an online view of when and how much electricity you are using at any time. It enables you to monitor and visualise your energy consumption in great detail from any computer, tablet or smartphone connected to the internet.
In addition, you have access to a suite of advanced analytical tools, which allows you to easily and quickly identify energy saving opportunities. Smart use of the system would easily pay for itself and could add thousands to your company’s bottom line.
What else is involved?
For a complete turnkey solution, we require a fully refundable deposit of R2900 upon signing a 3-year agreement. After that, the monthly fee of R1,170 is payable in advance by debit order. Nothing else.
If your company’s electricity bill fluctuated monthly by this amount, you would not even bat an eyelid, but LiveView could save you thousands in inflated accounts and inefficient energy use.
Click here for a full description of LiveView.
What does it include?
- A certified Kamstrupp Smart Meter capable of recording all the electrical parameters used in metering including, but not limited to, kWh, kVA, kVArh, and TOU (time of use).
- Complete installation and commissioning at your premises.
- Unrestricted online access to LiveView, a web-based energy information system that really tells you what is going on in your wires. Find out More
- Bill Verification Utility, which allows you to verify monthly bills from the landlord or council automatically. Find out More
- Energy Efficiency Manual, which explains in practical terms how you can use smart meter data to significantly reduce your electricity costs. Find out More
- Project Management, Survey, and Design.
- Free Maintenance or Replacement for the duration of the agreement.
- SmartWire, a mobile energy information tool that presents exactly the same information as LiveView, is now included in the subscription. The application can be installed on any iOS or Android device.
Multi-point or Submetering
A submetering or individual metering option provides you with a complete overview of your power consumption. It makes the process of finding your way through the billing of tenants or assigning costs to certain areas or departments in bigger installations, significantly easier. Automated data collection from submeters avoids most of the hassles usually associated with collecting data manually.
It makes it possible to obtain accurate detail of energy use and demand from a particular circuit, to a complete building or complex. Costs are minimized as a direct result of the fast detection of leakages and high consumption. The improved understanding of consumption patterns could encourage changes in tenant or employee behaviour to promote further savings.